STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — On the lookout for a occupation?
Next month, the Joint Apprenticeship and Instruction Committee (JATC) for Plumbers Community Union #1 will conduct a recruitment effort in look for of 50 new plumbing apprentices.
The recruitment, which will consider spot from Monday, June 6, via Monday, June 20, will demand potential plumbers to select up their applications in human being at the JATC for Plumbers Community Union #1 Instruction Centre, located at 37-11 47th Avenue, Very long Island Metropolis, New York, on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The union will distribute 1,000 applications on a 1st-arrive, 1st-served foundation.
Only just one software will be distributed for every particular person, and all candidates are essential to offer proof of identification upon arrival.
The applications should be returned in person — not by mail — to the JATC for Plumbers Area Union #1 Coaching Center from Friday, July 15, by way of Thursday, July 21, on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or between 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All candidates ought to post a $50 revenue order, not test or cash, on submission of their software. The $50 money order covers the $25 application price and $25 testing payment.
Applicants can ask for that the fees be waived, but need to display verifiable proof of adequate monetary will need.
The specifications for the apprenticeship are as follows.
- Have to be at minimum 18 several years outdated at the time of entry into the apprenticeship software.
- Must submit a diploma from an accredited high school reflecting a minimal of four calendar a long time of large university function in an accredited college process with transcript.
- In lieu of a four-calendar year Significant College Diploma, the Committee will settle for applicants who hold a Large University Equivalency (HSE) Diploma issued by the Condition Section of Training of the state in which the test was taken, with a transcript confirming GED or TASC scores. Intercontinental students need to submit a point out issued Superior School Equivalency (HSE) issued by the condition office of education and learning in the state in which the examination was taken, with transcript confirming TASC or GED scores.
- Have to just take and go a drug check, at the expenditure of the sponsor, following selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Ought to be legally qualified to work in the United states of america. Should demonstrate evidence just after collection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Have to look for a personalized job interview, if selected., and subsequently be necessary to just take a TABE assessment test.
- Should present military services transfer or discharge form DD-214, if applicable, just after collection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
Intrigued applicants can get supplemental information concerning the system by calling JATC for Plumbers Regional Union #1 at (718) 752-9630.